Working from home because of COVID-19? Here are few tips to take care of your eyes during these difficult times.
As many of us working from home to help slow down the spread of Coronavirus, many of us have realized that we are spending more time on screens (either watching new movies on netflix or surfing in general). All this will lead to the destruction of the retina) like a laptop, mobiles as there is no interactions with colleagues, no real meetings going on, no exchange of jokes and smiles, not only this after work many of us must be doing binge-watching. As a result, we must be spending more time on screen than usual and this can lead to eye strain, fatigued eyes, dry eyes, redness and much more.
Few tips to take care of your eyes
- Find an ideal workplace corner at home- Firstly, do not put a computer screen/laptop near the window. The difference in the brightness of the screen and the outdoors may cause eye stress. Secondly, rearrange your desk in a way that it must be at a distance where you do not have to strain your eyes or stretch your neck to see what’s there on the screen, the ideal is 20-28 inches away from your face and your eyes at the level of middle of screen
- Follow 20-20-20 rule- Take a break every 20-minutes and look at any object at least 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds.
- Do not hold digital devices closer to your eyes- There are concerns that digital devices might emit blue or other harmful lights that causes eye strain and when you hold them closer, it puts more stress on your eyes. So whenever you are using a smartphone or tablet, try to hold them as far as possible from your eyes. You may try enlarging the print for comfortable reading.
- Do not rub or unnecessarily touch your eyes- You shouldn’t touch your eyes frequently. In-case of dry eyes or fatigue put refresh tears. Be sure to keep your hands clean. This will help keep germs from spreading to your face and your eyes.
- Also, please do not forget to clean and sterilize your laptops and mobile screens daily with a screen friendly alcohol wipe.
- If you have any emergency or urgent or a general query regarding any eye problem, do not hesitate to call us on 1800-102-2016. Our team will connect you to relevant Eye doctor.
- Take 15 tests comprehensive eye examination- Whenever the situation gets to calm down. Visit your nearest Eye-Q eye hospital to take a comprehensive eye examination.