ServicesLasik Laser Surgery Glaucoma Treatment Services Retina Treatment Services Oculoplasty Services Optical Services Mediclaim Cashless Services Contact Lens Services Pediatric Services Refractive Services Cataract Services
Contact Lens Services
What are Contact Lenses?
Contact lenses are the ideal alternative to wearing spectacles. They are made from a variety of sophisticated materials and can correct virtually any optical defect in the eye.
Why should I wear a contact lens?
- Cosmetically better accepted than glasses.
- Better clarity of vision
- Wider field of vision
- Ideal for people with active life style
- Safer than glasses
Are there different types of contact lenses?
Contact lenses can be broadly classified into
- Soft Contact Lenses
- Semi-soft Contact Lenses
- Hard Contact Lenses
What are soft contact lenses?
These lenses are made from materials that flex easily. So they gently wrap around the eye giving the wearer the ultimate comfort in contact lens wear.
Can everybody wear soft contact lenses?
These lenses are suitable for optical defects of the eye like short sight (myopia) and long sight (hypermetropia). But if one has significant cylindrical error (astigmatism) a semi soft lens will provide much crisper vision.
What is the difference between a regular and disposable soft lens?
Disposable contact lenses are used only for a specified period of and quality of vision. time, for example a week or a month. After this they are replaced by a new pair of lenses, which ensures better hygiene
Are cosmetic lenses advisable?
These lenses enhance or change the color of the eye and are otherwise like any other soft lens. People who have no power and people who already use contact lenses to correct their power can wear them.
Are semi-soft lenses uncomfortable?
These lenses require an initial adaptation period after which they become as comfortable as soft contact lenses. The quality of vision is better than soft contact lenses, and provides better oxygen supply to the eye.
What are hard lenses then?
These are much similar to semi-soft lenses, but are not generally prescribed unless specifically indicated.
At Eye - Q, dispensing you the best contact lenses is not the end. We also give you expert teaching on how to wear, and care for your lenses.
DO'S AND DONT'S WITH YOUR CONTACT LENSES
- Wash your hands with soap and water before touching your contact lenses.
- Clean your lenses in the advanced SINGLE bottle solution (This all-in -one solution can be used for soaking, rinsing and cleaning the contact lenses)
- Check your contact lenses for any dirt, dust or irritants before wearing.
- Can apply facial and eye make-up after putting your contact lenses.
- Clean your contact lens case regularly and change it as and when recommended by your practitioner.
- Tap water to clean your contact lens.
- Never sleep with your contact lens.
- Never put any medicines in your eyes while wearing your contact lenses.
- Never boil your contact lenses.
- Never continue using contact lenses if you experience any pain or discomfort in your eyes. Seek the help of your eye specialist immediately.
Optical Services at Eye Q
We have collaboration with Pinnacle Optical Pvt. Ltd. who is pioneering in the field quality Optical services. We have state-of-the-art fitting and processing lab combined with the trained staff are here to provide you the quality service.
Our Optical division provides you variety of frames of every style. We have uniquely balance with quality and affordability of frames with current style with comfort. Lenses available range from regular glass lenses to the latest in polycarbonates.
We provide the following kind of lenses like Plastic lense, Scratch-Resistant (SRC) Lenses, Anti-Glare (ARC) Lenses, Photo chromatic or Day-Night Lenses, D-Bifocal Lenses, Progressive Lenses, Polycarbonate Lenses
Pinnacle optical shop also has a Service Station where you can get you spectacles cleaned or repaired. A wide range of sunglasses is also available. Post-operative dark glasses can also be purchased here.